MET 613 sold
In case you havn't heard, the 613 has been sold to the PSRM in Campo,CA.

John Barnhill
What is MET 613 and what does the PSRM mean?What?

I know I could look it up but I am incredibly lazy.Smile
No idea what the 613 is, but PSRM is the Pacific Southwest Railroad Museum. Now, how exactly do they plan to get whatever the 613 is onto the property, seeing as the CZRY is embargoed from the East, and collapsed to the West, making PSRM somewhat of an island?
(06-28-2011, 11:34 PM)Jaanfo Wrote:  No idea what the 613 is, but PSRM is the Pacific Southwest Railroad Museum. Now, how exactly do they plan to get whatever the 613 is onto the property, seeing as the CZRY is embargoed from the East, and collapsed to the West, making PSRM somewhat of an island?

Maybe this will shed some light on the question:

http://sdrm.org/roster/diesel/d-5119/

My guess is that they'll do what they've done with most of their more recent aquisitions...truck 'em!

EDIT: I would do well to read more carefully...Yes, it does say the plan to truck it.
Thanks for the link.

That explains it all.
(06-28-2011, 11:37 PM)CoasterMike2105 Wrote:  
(06-28-2011, 11:34 PM)Jaanfo Wrote:  No idea what the 613 is, but PSRM is the Pacific Southwest Railroad Museum. Now, how exactly do they plan to get whatever the 613 is onto the property, seeing as the CZRY is embargoed from the East, and collapsed to the West, making PSRM somewhat of an island?

Maybe this will shed some light on the question:

http://sdrm.org/roster/diesel/d-5119/

My guess is that they'll do what they've done with most of their more recent aquisitions...truck 'em!

EDIT: I would do well to read more carefully...Yes, it does say the plan to truck it.

Like this:

[Image: IMG100-5009-40D-1220703959-L.jpg]
Thanks for the photo.
Nice! I was down there the other month and they fired her up to go outside and to get a bit of running time. It's a very clean little engine, runs really nice too! Talking with the one man, it seems 613 has a nice home.

~Shelley
Funny... When seeing them on the rails pulling freight cars you think, aww what a cute little 70 tonner... When that same loco is sitting on a low-boy rolling down the highway dwarfing the rig pulling it, the mind's viewpoint flips. Imagine a SD90MAC shell strapped to that same low-boy. YIKES!!!

Mr. MRL
[ǝɹǝɥ ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs ʇɹǝsuı]
An SD-90MAC would require something closer to the rig carrying Big Rock to LACMA.

TCS - but it is amazing how small that rig looks